For many liberals & progressives the key to Donald Trump’s rise to the top was the lack of knowledge or voter information regarding their candidate & Hillary Clinton. For whatever reason, and even though information is much more easy to come by, facts & the truth were a partnership that really never evolved with many Trump voters. Social media stayed ablaze with fake new sites & if you had a nickel for every conservative voter that sourced one for that argument, you most likely would have struck it rich in 2016. Another problem with the uninformed masses that comprised Trump voters was the older white voter who had no idea how to fact check or find if Trump was making things up out of whole cloth, which was the case most of the time. It was estimated by factcheck.org that Trump was untruthful over 90% of the time.
Call it voter apathy, call it ignorance but when it came to Trump & Clinton, but people who voted for Trump chose to believe everything negative said about Clinton and ignore blatant facts about their candidate. Most never believed that Trump has two fraud cases in Federal Court later this month, or 75 legal matters before the court, however most Trump voters believed that Clinton had already been convicted of a crime and was unable to hold any office. Of course there was the Trump voters that believed Trumps claims & BS about President Obama not being from this country. For me I have to look no further than my own family for some of this nonsense, I have a mother that believed Hillary Clinton is a mass murder & is the lead suspect in over 75 murders & a father who doesn’t believe that our new first lady posed nude and was photographed many many times in provocative poses, even after I showed him the pictures and articles, he still didn’t believe it. My guess is anyone reading this had conservative family members that believed things like this & worse. It doesn’t make the sting of this election any better, but at least we can have a chuckle or two.
feel free to contact me for feedback or article ideas @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow The Daily Liberal on Facebook @ www.facebook.com/thedailyliberaljfd or on twitter @DailyLiberal1
Great letter from Michael Moore this morning.
Morning After To-Do List:
1. Take over the Democratic Party and return it to the people. They have failed us miserably.
2. Fire all pundits, predictors, pollst…ers and anyone else in the media who had a narrative they wouldn’t let go of and refused to listen to or acknowledge what was really going on. Those same bloviators will now tell us we must “heal the divide” and “come together.” They will pull more hooey like that out of their ass in the days to come. Turn them off.
3. Any Democratic member of Congress who didn’t wake up this morning ready to fight, resist and obstruct in the way Republicans did against President Obama every day for eight full years must step out of the way and let those of us who know the score lead the way in stopping the meanness and the madness that’s about to begin.
4. Everyone must stop saying they are “stunned” and “shocked”. What you mean to say is that you were in a bubble and weren’t paying attention to your fellow Americans and their despair. YEARS of being neglected by both parties, the anger and the need for revenge against the system only grew. Along came a TV star they liked whose plan was to destroy both parties and tell them all “You’re fired!” Trump’s victory is no surprise. He was never a joke. Treating him as one only strengthened him. He is both a creature and a creation of the media and the media will never own that.
5. You must say this sentence to everyone you meet today: “HILLARY CLINTON WON THE POPULAR VOTE!” The MAJORITY of our fellow Americans preferred Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump. Period. Fact. If you woke up this morning thinking you live in an effed-up country, you don’t. The majority of your fellow Americans wanted Hillary, not Trump. The only reason he’s president is because of an arcane, insane 18th-century idea called the Electoral College. Until we change that, we’ll continue to have presidents we didn’t elect and didn’t want. You live in a country where a majority of its citizens have said they believe there’s climate change, they believe women should be paid the same as men, they want a debt-free college education, they don’t want us invading countries, they want a raise in the minimum wage and they want a single-payer true universal health care system. None of that has changed. We live in a country where the majority agree with the “liberal” position. We just lack the liberal leadership to make that happen (see: #1 above).
Let’s try to get this all done by noon today.
— Michael Moore
Where do we start, and where do we go from here? In the span of 24 hours Hillary Clinton went from an almost certain presidency, to her career in politics being effectively over. It was one of the most shocking things that has ever occurred in American political history. For Democrats, once the shock of last night wears off, it will only be a matter of time before the what if’s. The biggest what if in my opinion was her decision to add Tim Kaine to the DNC ticket. Being from Virginia I have nothing against Kaine, but in a year where change was clearly in the air, picking another career politician was most likely not the best decision she made. The youth of America was never wild at the prospect of a Clinton Presidency & Kaine was not the guy who was going to bring back that disenfranchised vote. Clinton would have better served with someone like Bernie Sanders or hell how about Bernie Sanders himself. It’s hard to believe a Clinton/Sanders ticket wouldn’t have won the contest in a walk last night. It’s hasn’t been done in awhile but former primary rivals teaming up has been done several times in American politics, Kennedy/Johnson, Reagan/Bush just to name a few. For Democrats the second guessing of what it & where their party is going starts now.
Who Will Win Today?
It is has been a long, hard fought battle by all candidates on both sides of the aisle, that mercifully ends today. But who & what party comes out on top?
I believe the polls are much tighter that we think, so close in fact I think there is real possibility that Trump wins the popular vote, on that front I say the final margin is less than 1.5% either way. I think and believe Hillary Clinton will win the electoral college in the area of 275-285 votes.
There was a time I thought the Senate would go blue this year, but FBI Director Comey took care of that. It’s going to be a long hard fought battle today that will end in either a tie or the GOP having a one vote advantage.
House of Representatives
This is the easy one, the republicans have to great an advantage. The democrats will eat into it a bit today, but the GOP will still maintain a very solid lead in the house.
What do you think?
Donald Trump has already filed and lost his first lawsuit in the election, odds are though this will not be his last lawsuit filed in election 2016. A Nevada judge has already ruled against Trump however. Stay tuned, this will not be the only sour grapes we get from Team Trump tonight.
No matter who wins the election tonight, just try and remember one thing, whoever is elected is only elected for 4 years. All the friends & family members we have all been pissed off by, or pissed off, tonight is the night to put it all in the rear view mirror, if not tonight, then maybe tomorrow!
For the last year The Daily Liberal has been located on Facebook & Twitter. In the coming days & weeks I am proud to announce that The Daily Liberal will also have a website location as well, www.thedailyliberal.net . I appreciate all the support I have received from my readers over the last year, it is greatly appreciated. The purpose of this site will be to bring the readers more in depth issues going on in the world of politics, with of course the same snarky sarcastic slant you have come to know.
Stay tuned…..more to follow.