Donald Trump speaking at a civil rights museum is akin to Roy Moore being a counselor for young girls.
Donald Trump speaking at a civil rights museum is akin to Roy Moore being a counselor for young girls.
It’s been said you are known by the company you keep. If this maxim holds true, what does this say about Donald Trump and his motley crew. If you’re keeping track, he has now had 4 people that has worked for him in the last 18 months that either indicted or have plead guilty to felonies. Most notable was his National Security Advisor Mike Flynn. Isn’t Trump the law & order guy? Wasn’t Hillary Clinton supposed to be the candidate that was going to be under constant scrutiny & investigations?
The Mueller Investigation continues to roll on and bear fruit. Time will tell what fruit is born from this investigation & more importantly what Republicans will actually do to hold this president accountable. As far as we the people go, stay informed & communicate with your Congressional leaders.
It’s hard to make the argument that Donald Trump isn’t an irresponsible jackass. Even his most ardent supporters have an extremely difficult time making a credible argument against it. Trump’s fake news mantra has caught on like wildfire, his merry band of deplorables eat it like candy. So much so that a man credibly accused of being a pedophile is successfully running for senate.
Much scarier that that though, is how this disease and fad is catching on with other dictators & authoritarians around the globe. People in those countries don’t have the same media and internet access that we have in the United States, so it’s a much scarier proposition that they are now less informed & less likely to believe the news. Just another example of how Trump has made our a much less safer place.
This is a great article from Politico on this frightening trend.
Something to keep in mind when reading this article, The Weekly Standard is a conservative publication. So what does it say when it gives one of its own such terrible grades. If you think a failing presidency is a shocking turn of events for Donald Trump, you haven’t paid attention. Trump was a very mediocre student in high school & into his college years. He failed at business, and to be staked to financial glory by his father Fred Trump. Even with all his advantages, he somehow managed to loose money when others prospered. Trump has filed bankruptcy six times, far more than any real successful companies or businessmen.
So, the fact that we are on the brink of a nuclear war with North Korea, legislation failures, infighting amongst his own party and staff. It was all there for us to see, sadly only the majority of us looked.
Once again the worst person on the planet shows us all why he has that title. Tonight President Trump, it still heaves me out typing that, ended a program for displaced Haitians by an earthquake. Conventional wisdom says the main reason is these people are not Trumps favorite color, white or orange. Just another shameful day in Trump’s America.
Two Hundred Million Accusers Come Forward to Say Trump is Abusing Country
It’s been very obvious from the start, Donald Trump wasn’t going to be subtle with his conflicts or the levels of his hypocrisy. The main reason he doesn’t have to be is the IQ & acumen level of his supporters. So it’s comes as very little surprise that many don’t know that Trump has vast business interests in the heavily Muslim populated countries of Egypt, Turkey & Saudia Arabia. If you recall, the majority of the 9/11 terrorist were Saudi nationals. Yet know ban on the country’s & no explanation from the Trump Administration on why those countries were excluded.
Great source article from Bloomberg about Trump’s Business interest in those countries.
Well, one week down & 207 to go with President Trump. That is if fate doesn’t intervene, and Trump isn’t impeached first. It was a flurry of the typical tweet-storms, 10 executive orders & one terrifying interview with Sean Hannity. For those who had said that Trump would be less of crazy lunatic after he ascended the presidency, look almost as foolish as he does. Instead of focusing on what he called the “American Carnage” in his inauguration address, Trump focused on his mediocre ratings and turn out at his inauguration & chasing the unicorn that is voter fraud. Incidentally, one day after he tweeted about massive voter fraud, it was found that many in Trump’s inner circles were in violation of voter laws. That list included his daughter Tiffany, son in law & advisor Jared Kushner, Steve Bannon & Steve Mnucin.
From The Resistance report from Robert Reich, here is the flurry of Trump’s week.
* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered all regulatory powers of all federal agencies frozen.
* On January 20th, 2017, DT ordered the National Parks Service to stop using social media after reweeting factual, side-by-side photos of the crowds for the 2009 and 2017 inaugurations.
* On January 21st, 2017, DT brought a group of 40 staffers and followers to a meeting with the CIA to cheer for him during a speech that consisted almost entirely of framing himself as the victim of dishonest press.
* On January 21, 2017, DT personally phoned National Park Service director Michael T. Reynolds and ordered him to produce additional photographs of the previous day’s crowds on the Mall, in order to show that the media had lied in reporting attendance had been no better than average.
* On January 21st, 2017, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer held a press conference largely to attack the press for accurately reporting the size of attendance at the inaugural festivities, saying that the inauguration had the largest audience of any in history, “period.”
* On January 22nd, 2017, White House advisor Kellyann Conway defended Spicer’s lies as “alternative facts” on national television news.
* On January 22nd, 2017, DT appeared to blow a kiss to director James Comey during a meeting with the FBI, and then opened his arms in a gesture of strange, paternal affection, before hugging him with a pat on the back.
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT reinstated the global gag order, which defunds international organizations that even mention abortion as a medical option.
* On January 23rd, 2017, Spicer said that the US will not tolerate China’s expansion onto islands in the South China Sea, essentially threatening war with China.
* On January 23rd, 2017, DT repeated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing him the popular vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, Spicer reiterated the lie that 3-5 million people voted “illegally” thus costing DT the popular vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, DT tweeted a picture from his personal Twitter account of a photo he said depicts the crowd at his inauguration and will hang in the White House press room. The photo is curiously dated January 21st, 2017, the day after the inauguration and the day of the Women’s March, the largest inauguration related protest in history.
* On January 24th, 2017, the EPA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to freeze all grants and contracts. EPA scientists were ordered to stop publishing their data unless cleared with DT transition personnel.
* On January 24th, 2017, the USDA was ordered to stop communicating with the public through social media or the press and to stop publishing any papers or research. All communication with the press would also have to be authorized and vetted by the White House.
* On January 24th, 2017, HR7, a bill that would prohibit federal funding not only to abortion service providers, but to any insurance coverage, including Medicaid, that provides abortion coverage, went to the floor of the House for a vote.
* On January 24th, 2017, Director of the Department of Health and Human Service nominee Tom Price characterized federal guidelines on transgender equality as “absurd.”
* On January 24th, 2017, DT ordered the resumption of construction on the Dakota Access Pipeline, while the North Dakota state congress considers a bill that would legalize hitting and killing protestors with cars if they are on roadways.
* On January 24, 2017, DT’s director of strategy, Steven Bannon, said “the media should be embarrassed and humiliated and keep its mouth shut and just listen for a while. The media here is the opposition party. They don’t understand this country.”
* On January 25, 2017, DT signed an executive order to begin building a wall along the U.S.-Mexican border that would cost an estimated $20 billion to $35 billon, and insisted Mexico would pay for it.
*On January 25, 2017, DT tweeted “If Mexico is unwilling to pay for the badly needed wall, then it would be better to cancel the upcoming meeting” with Mexican president President Peña Nieto.
* On January 25, 2017, Mexican president President Peña Nieto cancelled his meeting with DT.
* On January 25, 2017, DT said he thought torturing terrorism suspects was justified. “Do I feel it works? Absolutely, I feel it works,” he told ABC News.
* On January 25, 2017, the entire senior level of management of the State Department — many of whom had served under previous Republican as well as Democratic administrations – resigned.
*On January 26, 2017, DT’s press secretary said DT will slap a 20 percent tariff on all imports from Mexico in order to finance the wall.
*On January 26, 2017, DT’s vice president told congressional Republicans that the administration will initiate a “full evaluation of voting rolls in America, the overall integrity of our voting system in the wake of this past election.”
*On January 27, 2017, DT closed the nation’s borders to refugees from around the world, ordering that families fleeing the slaughter in Syria be indefinitely blocked from entering the United States, and temporarily suspending immigration from several predominantly Muslim countries.
One thing President Elect Trump has been good at his entire career, is fleecing people out of money. Looks like he is up to it again, this time he will do it as the president. Trump has raised over $90 million dollars for his inauguration. Raising money for an inauguration is nothing new, however the amount that Trump raised & keeping it a secret is. Some of the names & companies that have leaked sure makes it look like a pay for play deal. Once again, Donald Trump is perverting the system for his own personal gain.
Take a look at the company’s funding this farce. From Robert Reich.
Trump is on target to raise more than $90 million — a record amount — to pay for days of Inaugural activities, including receptions, balls and the parade.
His inaugural committee is offering access to Trump and Vice President-elect Mike Pence and their families in exchange for at least six-figure donations. For $100,000, donors will receive two tickets for dinner and a policy discussion with select Cabinet appointees. For $250,000, two tickets to a lunch with women of the first family. For $1 million, four tickets to a lunch featuring Cabinet appointees and congressional leaders and four tickets to a dinner with Vice President Mike Pence and his wife, Karen.
But Trump is trying to keep secret the names of the companies donating millions (a break from his Republican and Democratic predecessors in the White House).
Some corporate names have been leaked. I think it appropriate that you boycott them, and let their CEOs know you won’t do business with companies that collude with a tyrant:
Boeing: $1 million,
Bank of America
So I have found that debating conservatives you reach an impasse extremely quick. Neither side ever wants to back down, and quite honestly many conservatives are so devoid of actual facts on what President Elect Trump has actually said, versus what they “think” the media has said, it becomes that much more difficult. I have found the perfect rebuttal though, to the ones who are actually informed to what Trump has actually said, his words. Most go with the Kellyanne Conway approach that he doesn’t mean it in the way “we” perceive it or hear it. Either way, I pose the question this way, can you talk like Donald Trump in the work place, or in a job interview? I mean seriously, can you? Since this is America, and everyone loves the challenges, I say Take The Talk Like Trump Challenge. Go to work tomorrow and walk up to your boss, and openly question that he wasn’t born in America, tell him I’m not taking your word for it, I want to see your birth certificate, see how that goes. If your like me, maybe you have a handicapped person that works in your office, go ahead when you have a big lunch crowd, mock his speech, mock his mannerisms, get some cheap laughs on your way out the door when your fired. Maybe you have someone of a different religious persuasion than your own, let that person know that you don’t approve of that religion, and anyone that practices it shouldn’t be allowed to even be in this country. See how quick you find yourself in the HR Department. There could be some women in your office, let your co-workers know that you think they eat like pigs, or that you just don’t find them attractive enough to even sexually harass them, see how that goes. What about the veteran that you work with, who maybe served this country in a time of war and who maybe lost friends in the war, let him know you don’t think anyone captured is a hero, make sure your a draft dodger when you say this, it adds some flavor to it . Let’s say your the boss of your office, when you get some of your male co-workers behind closed doors, try bragging about all the things you can get away with because your the boss. You can just walk up to the women in the office and kiss them, hey maybe even grab them by the pu&*$, because hey your the boss you can get away with stuff like that. We can keep going, maybe you work with someone not from this country, make sure you tell them you think most people from their country are drug dealers & murders, maybe some are all right, maybe.
This is my talking point with conservatives, because as DUMB as many of the arguments they make, they know and can’t argue the fact that you just cant say any of these things in the work place in 2017, maybe 1817 or 1917, but no, not in 2017, sorry. Of course, the silver lining is maybe they take you up on the challenge, this is our true test, right? How many of these Trump supporters will put their money where their mouth is and Take The Talk Like Trump Challenge!! Spread The Word, make this America’s New Challenge.